Pontotoc County School District provides WiFi access to staff, teachers and guest PCSD. All traffic is monitored and recorded. App usage is also tracked. Usage requires that a security certificate is installed on your device - see below for instructions on how to install the security certificate.
- Connect to WiFi SSID: PCSD-BYOD Key: byod-online
- If you have not installed the certificate, follow the instructions below for your specific device. This only needs to be installed once on each device.
- You will also be prompted to sign in with your @pcsd.ms account in a browser.
Android Devices (phones and tablets) - please note - you must have a screen pattern lock or password on your device to be able to do this.
- Download the certificate from here. Open with defaults.
- At the Name the certificate screen give the certificate a name (whatever you like) and press the OK button.
iOS Devices (ipad/iphone)
- Download the certificate here within Safari.
- Click on the downloaded file and press the Install button.
- You will be prompted with a warning message that says, "Installing this profile will change settings on your iPad." Press the Install Now button.
- You can exit this screen by pressing the 'Done' button in the top right-hand corner.
- Next, you need to turn on SSL trust for that certificate, go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings.
- Click on the toggle next to *.securly.com
- Download in the installer from here (Please note: This link will take you to the installer. Once there, select "Download").
- Download the Securly certificate CRT file.(Link)
- Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access
- Select ‘System’ in the left-hand column.
- Open ‘File > Import Items’ and import the ‘securly_SHA-256.crt’ files into the ‘System’ keychain.
- Alternatively, you can automate the installation process via MDM by downloading the ‘OSX SSL Install Securly.zip’ file at the end of this article. The file contains a .app that would automate the process. There is also a .tar file that can be used directly on a Mac.
- Download the installer here (Please note: This link will take you to the installer. Once there and select "Download").
- Run the installer - you need admin rights on your device to do this.
- Chrome Browser is the only browser supported
- Download the certificate here (Please note: This link will take you to the installer. Once there select "Download").
- Open the certificate and follow the onscreen prompts.